I Want To
- File a Complaint Online
You can also file a complaint by telephone or by mail.
- Resume my Session
Finish submitting my incomplete intake form.
- Obtain or Amend a Right to Sue Notice
Request a Right to Sue Notice and go straight to court without DFEH investigating your complaint. Review the guidelines to amend. If you have a visual impairment, please call (800) 884-1684.
- Submit a Public Records Request Online
Read the guidelines for submitting a request. You can also file a complaint by telephone or by mail.
- Respond to a Complaint
Respondents can upload a response and check the status of a pending complaint. To gain access to the online system, email email@example.com.
- Mediate a Complaint
Effective January 1, 2013, prior to filing a civil action, the Department will require all parties to the action to participate in cost-free mandatory dispute resolution in the DFEH's internal Dispute Resolution Division. The Department will continue to also offer voluntary pre-investigation mediation.
- Subscribe to Civil Rights Case Law Alerts
Receive alerts about new California and federal decisions, cases pending, new laws on employment and housing discrimination, public accommodations and hate violence.
- Request a Speaker
Request a DFEH representative to speak at your event or training.
- Register for a Webinar or Subscribe to Alerts
Attend monthly trainings presented by a DFEH attorney. Receive invitations and reminders about training opportunities .
- Ask a Question
About a final paycheck, overtime, minimum wage, vacation policy, breaks, eviction, rent or landlord/tenant issues.
- Follow the New Fair Employment and Housing Council
Effective January 1, 2013, Senate Bill 1038 eliminated the Fair Employment and Housing Commission. The Department's Fair Employment and Housing Council has assumed the former Commission's rulemaking authority. Persons interested in a gubernatorial appointment to the Fair Employment and Housing Council can apply by submitting an application online or by mail using the form on the Governor's web site. The former Commission's amended disability and pregnancy regulations, effective December 30, 2012, can be found here.
- Submit a Std. Form 16
Submit a Std. Form 16 on behalf of a State agency or department. More information about the Office of Compliance Programs coming soon.
DECEMBER COMMEMORATES THE DAY OF INCLUSION
- December 3 - Director Phyllis Cheng's and Civil Rights Fellow Mallory Sepler-King's article on Cleaning Up the Law on Service Animals is published by the Daily Journal. See the companion Service Animal Law: Comparison Chart.
- December 6 - Director Phyllis Cheng meets with CELA representatives, Pasadena.
- December 9 - Director Phyllis Cheng co-presents a Strafford Webinar on "California's New Procedure for Investigating and Litigating Employment Discrimination Claims."
- December 10 - The DFEH Fair Employment and Housing Council meets at the State Capitol, Room 127, Sacramento.
- December 12 - Director Phyllis Cheng speaks at the Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada, San Francisco.
- December 12 - DFEH presents a webinar on "Substance Abuse."
- December 18 - Associate Chief Counsel Nelson Chan speaks before the California Residential Care Association, Fresno.
- Fair Employment and Housing Council
- U.S. Dept of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- US Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
- Disability Rights Legal Center
- Employment Roundtable of Southern California
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- California State Bar
- UC Irvine Law School
- UC Davis Law School
- Pepperdine University Law School
- UC San Diego Extension
- CSU Bakersfield
- College of the Canyons
- Rio Hondo College