I Want To
- Login to the online system to file an inquiry, obtain a Right to Sue notice or request public records.
You can file an inquiry or request immediate Right to Sue by telephone or by mail.
- Subscribe to Civil Rights Case Law Alerts
Receive alerts about new California and federal decisions, cases pending, new laws on employment and housing discrimination, public accommodations and hate violence.
- Request a Speaker
Request a DFEH representative to speak at your event or training.
- Register for a Webinar or Subscribe to Webinar Alerts
Attend monthly trainings presented by a DFEH attorney. Receive invitations and reminders about training opportunities .
- Ask a Question
About a final paycheck, overtime, minimum wage, vacation policy, breaks, eviction, rent or landlord/tenant issues.
- Follow the New Fair Employment and Housing Council
Effective January 1, 2013, Senate Bill 1038 eliminated the Fair Employment and Housing Commission. The Department's Fair Employment and Housing Council has assumed the former Commission's rulemaking authority. Persons interested in a gubernatorial appointment to the Fair Employment and Housing Council can apply by submitting an application online or by mail using the form on the Governor's web site. The former Commission's amended disability and pregnancy regulations, effective December 30, 2012, can be found here.
Fair employment and housing council
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Initial Statement of Reasons
- Text of Proposed Amendments to the California Family Rights Act Regulations
Fair Employment and Housing Council's Proposed Amendments to its California Family Rights Act Regulations
september 2014 Events
- September 4-6 - Director Phyllis Cheng, Chief of Dispute Resolution Annmarie Billotti, Senior Staff Counsel Phoebe Liu speak, and Supervising Attorney Mediator Jo Anne Frankfurt and Attorney Mediator Clara Slifkin teach at the DFEH-Pepperdine University School of Law|Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution Employment Mediation Clinic, Malibu.
- September 5 - Director Phyllis Cheng speaks at the Ford Harrison First Friday speaker series, Los Angeles.
- September 5 - Chief of Public Policy & Education Nelson Chan speaks at the State Bar Moderate Means Incubator Program, Clovis.
- September 7 - Senior Staff Counsel Julie Montgomery speaks at 9th Annual Feria Campensina Farmworker Resource Fair, Oxnard.
- September 9 - Director Phyllis Cheng speaks at the DFEH-College of the Canyons Civil Rights Clinic, Valencia.
- September 11 - Director Phyllis Cheng, FEHC Chair Chaya Mandelbaum and Councilmember Dale Brodsky speak on Proposed Amendments to the CFRA Regulations at the State Bar Annual Meeting, San Diego.
- September 12 - Director Phyllis Cheng and Staff Counsel Roya Ladan speak on Introduction to California Employment Discrimination Practice at the State Bar Annual Meeting, San Diego.
- September 12 - Chief of Enforcement Mary Bonilla speaks at the EEOC Agency Update Seminar, San Jose.
- September 13 - Director Phyllis Cheng speaks on the 50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Act and attends the Council on Access and Fairness Diversity Reception, San Diego.
- September 16 - Regional Administrator Selena Wong speaks at Menlo College, Atherton.
- September 17 - Senior Staff Counsel Julie Montgomery speaks at the South Bay Human Trafficking Coalition, San Jose.
- September 17 - FEH Council Chairperson Chaya Mandelbaum and Senior Staff Council Julie Montgomery speak at a Forum on Employee Rights, Santa Rosa.
- September 17 - Director Phyllis Cheng and Chief of Enforcement Mary Bonilla speak at the Employment Round Table of Southern California Breakfast Seminar, El Segundo.
- September 18 - Legislative & Regulatory Counsel Brian Sperbers speak at Tri-County GLAD, Oxnard.
- September 18 - Director Phyllis Cheng speaks at Floyd, Skeren & Kelly, Pasadena.
- September 25 - Director Phyllis Cheng speaks at Caltrans Attorney Training, San Diego.
- September 26 - Director Phyllis Cheng speaks at College of the Canyons, Valencia.
- September 30 - Director Phyllis Cheng and Chief of Enforcement Mary Bonilla speak at the Northern California Employment Round Table, Oakland
- Fair Employment and Housing Council
- U.S. Dept of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- US Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
- Disability Rights Legal Center
- Employment Roundtable of Southern California
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- California State Bar
- UC Irvine Law School
- UC Davis Law School
- Pepperdine University Law School
- UC San Diego Extension
- CSU Bakersfield
- College of the Canyons
- Rio Hondo College